Thursday, June 16, 2011

free write? PRACTICE? LET IT OUT?

"Can you tell if you're alone - do you think you can tell the difference once you're asleep? I mean can you still feel me here by you? Or is it all the same once we start dreaming?"

He turned to face her, still half covered in the darkness of almost sleep and his face was frowning though his eyes were soft. "How should I know?"

She shrugged, almost undetected, but he heard her sigh, her worry sigh.

"I know the falling asleep part doesn't work so well if you're gone, and I know the waking up part is a big let down if the bed's empty and cool."

She seemed satisfied enough and slipped her hand into his, fingers tucked into their own tiny beds, coming to rest easily and soon he felt the subtle twitches of sleep taking her from him to dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment