Thursday, March 03, 2011

Is this the meaning of faith?

I'm finally riding the surface of the storm, the waves are still churning and the sky is wild and my legs are shaking, knees weak, but my heart is finally behaving. At least more so than any recent times. Living and beating, but still, no longer faltering, no more shattering. There's no more time allotted for that. I can finally not look, and if I do peek nothing can be so devastating anymore. I know how the currents work, I've been out on rough seas more times than your hearts have changed course. Regardless of what we do, we are not in control of which way things flow, there are much greater forces at work, hearts and minds dull with time and everything can always be broken. The things that remain will bring us to our ends, whichever shores we need and need us most.

No comments:

Post a Comment