Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Waiting for the words to come out.
Waiting for the time to pass.

Waiting for the sun to penetrate this cocoon I've spun, this coffin I've sealed.
Waiting for you to make the first move, to jump in head first with your eyes closed and your heart open.

Sometimes we have to fish and sometimes we have to dive and dig and wrestle.
Sometimes time moves slowly and we can't stand it but time knows just how long we need.
Sometimes we have to break our own bones and bruise our own skin to realize,
we've been waiting on ourselves.

So much time has passed, so many things have passed us by. Chances, smiles, memories good and bad.
Well it's time to make that move, enough processing, enough wondering and never knowing.
I've stepped out of my underground lair once or twice and now I don't think I can ever go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment